This is a call for papers for a special issue on “Integrating Academic and Artistic Methodologies within a PBL-environment” to appear in Journal of Problem Based Learning in Higher Education (JPBLHE). The special issue is edited by Elizabeth Juchum, Falk Heinrich and Morrten Søndergaard.
Abstracts due 1 May 2017 · Papers due 1 September 2017
The themes that we suggest for this special issue are:
- Can we envision an integration of academic and artistic methods that fosters an innovative methodology, or are academic and artistic methodologies fundamentally incompatible?
- Do artistic methodologies supplement, broaden, or work against the tenets of the PBL approach?
- Does PBL have a theoretical base through which we might conceptualize the integration of artistic and academic methodologies, for example, by allowing for different degrees or modes of integration?
- What are the challenges or trade-offs of combining artistic and academic methodologies? What is gained and what is lost when we move across disciplinary boundaries?
- How are artistic and academic methodologies defined historically, and which new perspectives and discourses make integration possible?
- How can the integration of artistic and academic methods be realized in concrete teaching practices within an PBL environment?
Read more about Integrating Academic and Artistic Methodologies within a PBL-environment