Focus and Scope
Geoforum Perspektiv is a peer-reviewed journal published by Geoforum Denmark, read more about this organisation here www.geoforum.dk.
The aim of the Journal is to enhance the ongoing research within the field of spatial information.
The Journal is published online free of charge and adheres to the Open Archives Initiative, which aims to facilitate the dissemination of electronic content. Authors submitting their work will therefore be also required to submit harvestable metadata. Authors publishing on Geoforum Perpektiv retain full but non-exclusive rights in their articles, and will be required to use one of the Creative Commons licenses for submitting their work (HTTP://CREATIVECOMMONS.ORG). The Journal requires authors not to submit their works to other publishers for review while the article proceeds through the Geoforum Perpektiv review process. During this process however, the article will be already posted in the web site under the "Articles under Review" section to facilitate the timely exchange of ideas and progress of science. As soon as the article is accepted for publication, it will be moved to the Published section of the Web site. This process ensures that articles are published as quickly as possible and do not suffer the usual delays of journals in print.
The Journal is also published in a printed version which is distributed to the members of Geoforum Denmark and the authors of the printed articles.
Peer Review Process
Scientific papers submitted to Geoforum Denmark are sent to two reviewers chosen by the editor, with advice from the editorial board, on the basis of their recognized knowledge in the field addressed by the paper. It is therefore often necessary to receive both reviews before an objective decision is made on publication.
Authors are encouraged to look at the Guidelines for Reviewers to understand the criteria against which a judgment will be made.
The process followed is described below:
1. Authors register on the journal web site.
2. Submit a paper following the Author Guidelines.
3. The editorial board makes a first assessment of the paper in respect to its structure and content and identifies suitable reviewers.
4. The paper is sent to two reviewers with a request for comments within four weeks. At the same time, the paper is posted on the journal’s web site in the section "papers under review".
5. If the authors wish to remain anonymous during the review process, they MUST clearly say so at the time of submission. If this is the case, the papers are submitted to the reviewers as anonymous submissions, and the article is NOT posted on the journal web site.
6. Once the reviews have been received by the editors, a judgment is made whether to accept the article, ask for modifications, or reject. This is communicated to the authors together with the content of the reviews.
7. When the paper is accepted, it is published on the journal’s web site.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Authors publishing on Geoforum Perspektiv retain full but non-exclusive rights in their articles, and are required to use one of the Creative Commons licenses when submitting their work (http://creativecommons.org) e.g. "Attribution Non-commercial No Derivatives" (by-nc-nd).
Sources of Support
The online edition of the journal is publiced through Aalborg Universitet/The University Library
Editorial head 2002-2008: Henning Sten Hansen, Aalborg University
Editorial head 2008-2011: Hans Skov-Petersen, Copenhagen University
Editorial head 2011 - : Line Hvingel, COWI
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.